Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Gosfield School’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Cut Hedge Park, Halstead Road, Gosfield, Halstead, Essex, CO9 1PF. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any purpose other than the sale and supply of the products offered for sale. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- We do not accept liability for damage or injury through misuse of products purchased.
- Any damages or shortages should be notified to us within 7 working days, this does not affect your statutory rights.
- Where parcels are delivered by courier, if the outer packaging is visibly damaged, the customer is requested to sign for the goods stating that the parcel was damaged. This will not affect customers statutory rights to a reasonable opportunity to examine the goods contained.
- Designs and colour schemes may vary due to the manufacture and/or dye process of some items from time to time
- Refusal of goods at the time of delivery will result in full postal charges being incurred by the customer. This includes sending back to source, except where the 7 day cooling off period is applicable.
- Debt collecting agencies or court charges will be passed to the customer
- Investigation of missing or delayed parcels will be pursued through normal channels before compensation is considered.
- Where an item is to be returned where the customer is not at fault, postage reimbursement is limited to £10.00 in respect of the returned parcel.
- Under the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994, we will always offer a refund, exchange, credit note or repair service where goods are not of satisfactory quality, fit for their purpose or have been mis-described.
- Cash refunds are discretionary and are based upon circumstances of each case. Customers will receive credit notes on all other occasions. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Goods are subject to availability. We reserve the right to alter specifications and/or products without notification
- Prices are subject to alteration without prior notice.
- Back ordered goods will be despatched as soon as possible and will not incur additional postal charges
- The customer will be entitled to a cooling off period of 7 working days after having received the goods or at any time prior to receiving goods, the cancellation should be notified in writing (includes fax or email). The cost of returning the product unless faulty, defective or not fit for its purpose will be at the customer’s expense.
- Please note that courier charges may be applicable where customers require goods to be re-directed to an alternate address or where a further delivery attempt has to be made by the courier when the customer has been unavailable to accept the goods. Customers should be aware that we do not operate on a sale or return basis. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Returns can not be processed on a weekend.